在看The Art and Science of C，这本书很好，很多以前不明白的地方，它都讲的非常细致非常透彻，第一次觉得编程真的是门艺术，而不仅仅是好玩~
- [The Analytical Engine offers] a new, and a powerful language for the purposes of mankind.
- Tigers are easy to find, but I need adult wisdom to know dragons. "You have to infer whole dragon from the parts you can see and touch," the old people who say. Unlike tigers, dragons are so immense,I would never see one in its entirely. But I could explore the mountains, which are dragons’heads," the old people would tell me.
- You’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.
- The statemens was interesting but tough.
- To live is to function. That is all there is in living.
- People like definite decisions,Tidy answers, all the little ravellings,Snipped off, the lint removed…
- Art, it seems to me, should simplify. That, indeed, is very nearly the whole of the higher artistic process; finding what conventions of form and what details one can do without and yet preserve the spirit of the whole.
- And such a wall as I would have you think That had in it a crannied hole, or chink Through which the lovers, Pyramus and Thisbe, Did whisper often, very secrefly
- Surely you don’t think numbers are as important as words.
- It is particularly important, it seems to me, in an era of ever increasing departimentalization and specialization to make the attempt occasionally to see wholes and to understand what lies behind the exterior manifestations.
- Little boxes on a hillside, little boxes made of ticky-tacky, Little boxes, little boxes, little boxes all the same, There’s a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one, And they’re all made out ticky-tacky and they all look just the same.
- Had I been present at the creation, Iwould have given some useful hints ofr the better ordering of the universe.
- Orlando ran her eyes through it and then, using the first finger of her right hand as pointer, read out the following facts as being most germane to the matter.
- … Untune that string And, hark! What discord follows;
- Everybody gets so much information all day that they lose their common sense.
- Let’s look at the record.
- There is no justification for present existence other than its expansion into an indefinitely open future.
我还喜欢书里的一句话：Rose is a rose is a rose。